17 June 2008

Toast, Toast, and Orange Stuff

No Dinadan Noir today. I'm still working on the next bit.

Father's Day has come and gone. It was a bittersweet day, as you might expect. The brother was here in the morning, although I spent the latter half of it sleeping (there wasn't enough coffee to make a full pot, so I let my favorite tuba player have the travel press). Not having anybody to call was tough. I still have moments where I almost reach for the phone with a cooking question in mind.

Come evening-time, we loaded up the car and headed down to Eden Prairie for a Medalist Band concert. It was the first of their summer season, and a bit rocky at times (the tuba section was much more solid than the trombone section, though). The wife played well. Ivan paid attention to the first piece, then went back to throwing a frisbee at the sidewalk, pointing at the nearby dog, and trying to eat rocks. The weather was gorgeous and I savored (at least for the first bit) the opportunity to chase Ivan around, put him on my shoulders, and generally do the dad thing in an environment where I didn't have to worry too much about what he might wreck.

We need to find him a helmet so I can take him out in the bike seat I got as a Father's Day present. I need the exercise, and it's good for both of us to get out of the house.

Expect another installment of Dinadan Noir later this week.

2 Comments:

Blogger -A said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:55 AM  
Blogger -A said...

Sorry I deleted, I just wanted to make a minor edit. Here is my improved comment:

Thanks for the good(ish?) review of my section and for coming to the concert!

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home