27 May 2008

Summer as Spring

So it's been nine months. Ish. The compatibility between graduate academic work and blogging has been amply demonstrated elsewhere, but in my case it seems to be largely minimal. Particularly when you add an Ivan into the mix.

Blogging is such a peculiar medium--a quasi-public diary for an audience that, while consisting primarily of friends and family, may also include complete strangers. The folks that read this blog are likely fairly up-to-date on my life, as my circle is fairly small.

I'm pushing this towards more of a writing blog, a place for short standalone pieces or episodic fiction or even "meditations" on topics I feel like writing about but not producing full length papers on. Walkin' Ledges is not going to go to some kind of daily update schedule, but hopefully I'll get stuff up a few times each week, and the impetus to put stuff out here will also serve to keep me writing.

I'm going to start with an episodic piece, still in progress, set in the world of Retromud. Sort of. It's set in the world, but the tone is intentionally a bit different from the usual. Dinadan is an established character on the MUD, although I haven't played much since last September.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home