28 January 2009

Ode to the Gizmonic Institute

So this is my farewell to a fleet in a game that I've recently given up. The fleet is named (as the nerd-wise amongst you have already guessed) after the "evil" institute that sends Joel into space to watch an endless stream of bad movies...thus Mystery Science Theater 3000. The game is the somewhat misnomered Star Pirates (misnomered because the action all takes place in an imaginary future wholly around a single star--Sol. I don't blame them, though. "Planet Pirates" sounds pretty lame.).

I whipped this up as a tribute to the awesome folks with whom I played the game in my last days of active play.

Back in Cthonic Days
Before the Gizmonic Craze
Science was just banging rocks
But with the Institute
No mind shall be destitute
Because Gizmo-science rocks

It isn't the monkeys
Or lab-coated flunkies
That make Gizmonic shine
Not even the chili
(Or saber-toothed lilies)
Or remnants of Frankenstein

The science is blinding
And research is finding
That G knows its way 'round beakers
So listen right close
And I'll give you a dose
Of Science from over-amped speakers

(instrumental bridge)

Space without Gizmonic?
What's gin without tonic?
Not a place I'd like to be!
So when donning fleet tags
Or waving the war flags
You'd better make mine a "G"

The instrumental bridge is full of loud electric guitars and half a dozen monkeys going crazy with crowbars and brake drums. Also, beat-boxing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home